Did you know…
- The committed same-sex couple who live down the street from Mr. and Mrs. Smith want the same thing as their neighbors: to go about their daily lives as they choose.
- Most same-sex couples, like straight couples, want the right to legally marry because they are in love.
- Same-sex couples are only asking that the government legally recognize their marriage. No religion or religious leader is — or will be — required to marry an LGBT couple.
- LGBT couples and individuals are loving, adoptive parents to more than 1 million children who deserve the stability and economic security that having their parents recognized as married would bring.
- In the United States, there are an estimated 3.1 million people living together in same-sex relationships. And these couples live in 99.3 percent of all counties nationwide.
- The highest percentages of same-sex couples raising children live in the South.
- Five states and the District of Columbia allow same-sex couples to get married.